Wednesday 11 March 2015

Swimming on the radio

In my day job I am a reporter for the BBC, and today we were doing an outside broadcast based in glorious Brixham, looking at tourism and the wonderful things to do here in Devon.  Well naturally a 'live' outdoor swim seemed like a brilliant idea, and so 7am found me down on Breakwater Beach with the radio car, clad in my swimmers whilst wearing headphones and talking into a microphone. (Undoubtedly the most unusual get-up in my professional life so far). Fortunately I had some lovely chums who'd agreed to come down and wax lyrical about the joys of wild swimming, after which we ran down the shingle and into the water; all of which was relayed live to the listeners of BBC Radio Devon.  (at this point I left the equipment on the beach to avoid electrocution). 

No comments: